Friday, June 15, 2007

Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin とんかつ銀座梅林

Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin (とんかつ銀座梅林)
Located at 255 Beachwalk, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815, this Japanese tonkatsu (pork cutlet) restaurant is great! The location is on the outskirt of the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Walk Project. This cozy street side restaurant is neighboring Yabusoba, Japanese soba restaurant, and Arancino, an Italian restaurant.

The interior environment is contemporary, exciting and filled with friendly, efficient employees. The prices for dinners average between $18-$30 with unlimited servings of steamed white rice and finely chopped cabbage, the traditional side dishes when eating tonkatsu. Their house tonkatsu sauce is very tasty. I had the Wafu Oroshi Tonkatsu. This comes with a traditional Japanese grated raddish soy sauce based type of steak sauce served on the side. I made sure to also try the house tonkatsu sauce on my tonkatsu as well as my cabbage and rice. The tonkatsu was prepared very well. Perfect! Until this restaurant, a tonkatsu prepared this well could probably only be found if I cooked it at home. (I am not saying that I am the best tonkatsu chef, but Hawaii does not have a competing tonkatsu restaurant right now. I miss "Salon de BunBun".)

Their location is convenient for Waikiki pedestrians, but drivers could find it difficult to park unless they want to use the valet at Embassy Suites and pay the fee. I don't think this restaurant has validation for that parking lot. I could be mistaken.

I highly recommend including dinner at Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin on an evening that you're walking about Waikiki. Their phone number is 808-926-8082.


1 comment:

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.