Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chopstick Holder


www.RickNakama.com Chopstick HolderFinally, I found a chopstick holder!! I can't believe how difficult it was to find this simple plastic chopstick holder that is covered. I can find bamboo types or any cups to hold chopsticks, but those all aren't covered so dust falls onto them and into the holder.

I've been searching for one for a couple of years now. I even asked my friend who is Japanese and lives in Japan to find me one. He had no idea what I was talking about. I told him I know we used to have one about 30 years ago so there must be such a thing. He still had no idea. So I thought maybe in recent years they may have phased out. He is a bit younger than I am.

www.RickNakama.com Chopstick HolderAnyway, the Marukai 99 Cents Store had this chopstick holder for about $8. I didn't see it right away and just happed to see it when we were about to leave. I was so excited and immediately grabbed it.

At last, my chopsticks are protected...

3 comments:

  1. WOW RM! Now that you mention it, I'd like a chopstick holder too!! Ours would just be filled with wooden chopsticks! I think we only have one pair that isn't wooden!

    Coooooool chopstick holder! Glad it protects your utensils from DUST! ICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara- Yeah. I don't know why it was so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this chopstick holder and it is really cute. This holder is suitable in any kind of personalized chopsticks that you always use in Japanese or Chinese restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.