Saturday, August 18, 2012

I want to drive a Scion FR-S for a week from Scion Hawaii!

Rick Nakama
@RickNakama on TwitterInstagram
SCCA Member #445638 



I would like the opportunity to drive Scion Hawaii's FR-S for a week and these are some benefits that I could offer if selected:

  • Valid Hawaii Driver's License since 1990.
  • Automobile Insurance Policy covering 3 vehicles with comprehensive coverage.
  • Kalani High School's Automotive Shop Class Representative in AAA/Plymouth Trouble Shooting Contest.
  • 1991 State Finalist in AAA/Plymouth Troubleshooting Contest.
  • 1993 Graduate of Honolulu Community College with Associate in Science Degree in Automotive Mechanics Technology (GPA of 3.7).
  • A.S.E. (Automotive Service Excellence) Certified 1994-1999 in: Engine Repair, Suspension & Steering, Brakes, Electrical & Electronic Systems, and Engine Performance.
  • Worked as a technician at Speedtek Racing (1994-1996) specializing in import vehicle performance tuning and fabrication of custom engine swaps and turbocharger systems.
  • 1998-2000 managed AJ's Performance Motorsports, an automotive performance retail and tuning shop in Wailuku, Maui. Buyer for inventory, sales (retail & wholesale), installation of performance automotive parts, custom engine conversions, turbocharger installations, DynoJet dynamometer tuning service, aftermarket electronic engine control systems sales/installations/tuning, etc.
  • Original dealer for Blitz USA products in Hawaii. Also specialized in importing of special "JDM" automotive products for JDM scene clientele. 
  • Specialized in importing difficult to obtain JDM parts & accessories for Japanese automobiles sold in the USA.
  • Some JDM Scene clientele's vehicles have won the JDM Class in multiple car shows and have also been featured in Super Street Magazine with my name mentioned in the spread:  http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/sstp_1107_1992_honda_civic_si/viewall.html.
  • AJ's Performance Motosports shop owner/car/driver qualifies & wins $500 prize in 2001 Toyota IDRC Aloha Nationals competing against Kazu Yamaguchi:  http://www.turbomagazine.com/events/turp_0201_toyota_irdc_nationals_hawaii/.
  • Rick Nakama (car) mentions in: D Sport Magazine, Super Street Magazine, VWVortex, Star Bulletin, Star Bulletin, Star Bulletin.
  • Took 2nd in Toyota IDRC Aloha Nationals BF Goodrich Street Tires Class in my daily driven 1993 Nissan 240sx (says 1994, but it is a 1993 I owned it since 1994). 
  • First to install imported Japanese S13 SR20DET motor in a 240sx in Hawaii (1998). Tuned to 382 RWHP on pump gas. I have used this car as a daily driver and won street car shoot out drag races at Hawaii Raceway Park, held records for fastest 240sx in the state for years, maintained rankings in SCCA autocross events, Hawaii Raceway Park lap sessions, Drift Sessions and most importantly set a trend in Hawaii revolving around the 240sx/Sylvia/S13 platform. (The 240sx is probably one of the most recognized rival cars of the classic Hachi Roku/AE86/Corolla GTS).  
  • I am currently ranked 1st Place for this season at SCCA Solo in STF class in my stock 2005 Scion xA.
  • I race with the number 186 at SCCA events.
  • I am recognized in the top 15 Social Media Personalities by Technology News Bytes in the 2011 Social Media Summit:  http://www.tnblive.com/article/oct/2011/social-media-award-winners-announced. Active on Twitter as @RickNakama, Instagram as @RickNakamaFacebook and many other places on social media. My 15 week old puppy, Lola Red Bourbon, has a Klout Score of 41.
  • I am a Realtor with East Oahu Realty and I have a Facebook Page for that. I also network with dozens of Realtors and industry professionals each month. My network is very diverse and does not only consist of car enthusiasts.
  • I have posted a few Scion FR-S photos in my Instagram Feed that have had tremendous engagement.
Long story short, I am a true fan of the vehicle! I will be able to spread the love of the 2013 Scion FR-S around the island if given a week with the beautiful car! I definitely understand the heritage and have advanced expertise in the culture that made it's predecessor such an iconic vehicle. I would love to be offered a chance to drive the Scion FR-S for a week.

Thank you!





This is what I came up with in one morning. If I had a week's worth of experience with the car, I am sure I could do a lot more!

Drive Scion FR-S Contest
PS- If you think you should have a chance at this week with the FR-S, enter today! The entries are cut off at 11pm HST tonight! Information here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/scion-hawaii/scion-social-media-superstar-search/10150965411921784.

Like Scion Hawaii on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ScionHi.
Follow Scion Hawaii on Twitter: @ScionHI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.