Saturday, January 23, 2010

The First few weeks with my Google Nexus One


www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1I anxiously waited the longly anticipated and rumored sales release date of the HTC Google Nexus One Android 2.1 phone. I first began reading about rumors of this phone coming out in late October and early November. It was torture waiting up to the rumored release date of January 5th to find out if it was really going to happen or not. I monitored the live blogs of people that were attending the special Google Android Press Release and within minutes of one blogger announcing the Google.com/phone link becoming active I placed my order! It was so exhilarating that it reminded me of the days I used to day trade over an unstable dial-up modem while watching CNN at 430AM!

The plain cardboard box arrived overnight by the next afternoon. Just a little over 30 hours after I ordered it. Thank goodness it didn't come by 2 day air. The wait would have been intolerable!
www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1
www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1
www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1
www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1
www.RickNakama.com HTC Google Nexus One unboxing Android 2.1In a short description, I am really enjoying this phone. It works great overall.

If you haven't already guessed, I returned the TomTom GPS as well as the Garmin unit. The Google Navigation on this phone out performs both of them with much better accuracy.

I have had a few bugs that were resolved by powering off the phone and turning it back on. 1 strange issue is when I tried to make a call I could not hear anything and the person I was calling also could not hear anything. That was resolved by restarting the phone. I'm not sure what caused that. There are a few other strange things that others have reported and hopefully they resolve them with the firmware update.

The phone does have a 5.0 Megapixel camera with led flash. This is one feature that is not up to par with my Nokia N82. The photos are as good. I'll post some up later or look at some of my recent Twitpics to see how they are. It's decent, but just not quite as good. Maybe this can be corrected with software update also. I don't think so. I still love this phone.

PS- these photos were taken with my Nokia N82.

Bookmark and Share




3 comments:

  1. nice, I am trying to get used to my iPhone. At least your phone has a flash, this one doesn't nor can you zoom in on anything, still I'm enjoying my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat- good to know you are enjoying your phone. I was never sure of how the iPhone would perform in the Japanese market. Is it really popular there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is probably popular only because of the free deal...get a free 3GS as long as you sign up with the cell company for 2 years...my first bill was $1100 but with all the discounts came down to about $50, still kinda steep...I think the Nexus One just came out over here, so maybe it will make our cell company drop its prices even more (crossing my fingers!)

    ReplyDelete

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.