Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ja Gal Chi Korean Restaurant (Honolulu)

I have been enjoying the food at Ja Gal Chi or Jagalchi (not sure which way is correct) since this little restaurant was first introduced to me by its currently reigning Foursquare (HTTP://foursquare.com) Mayor, @TrulyJoannies (HTTP://twitter.com/TrulyJoannies).  Last night was my third visit there in the last month and Kelli's second.

We've had the Meat Juhn here each time because it's yummy!  I have tried the Kim Chee Pancake and would love to eat it again. 

I've had two versions of their Soon Doo Bu (soup).  Both were good, but the first time there was too much seafood stuff in it which I do not like.  Last night I had the beef and tofu version and it was perfect (no seafood hehe).  I think it could be a lot spicier, but I guess it's good like this so more people can enjoy it.

I tried their Spicy Beef Bi Bim Bap (stone pot fried rice) last night and it's the first time I've had a Bi Bim Bap with that special rice that they use.  It's a little small for the cost, but very tasty.  This was also not spicy at all.  I was still served a bowl of rice separately and I was told to add more rice in the stone pot if it was too spicy, but I didn't do that.

The ambiance at this restaurant isn't the greatest, but the food definitely continues to get me back there.  Right now I'm just wondering if I'll get to eat at Ja Gal Chi again this week!  :)

1334 Young St Ste 106
Honolulu, HI 96814
(808) 593-8830

Sent via mobile.
http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from Posterous by Rick Nakama

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.