Sunday, March 27, 2011

Leftover Big Ramen from Big City Diner makeover for breakfast. #NextCheapDinnerTweetup

Recently, I have been "tweeting up" or meeting other Twitter friends over some meals. These friends happen to be @ParkRat, @Mel808, @FunHiGuy and @AlohaGadgetGal. a href="twitter.com/Mel808">@Mel808 started a Twitter hashtag called #NextCheapDinnerTweetup. At this time, you can only see @LinhChic's and my Tweets in the search because @Mel808 has a private account so her tweets don't appear in the search results. Anyway, what is #NextCheapDinnerTweetup all about? It just happened to start because we all have these coupon books that were purchased during the Christmas Season from Taco Bell / Pizza Hut for $5. These coupon books have $20 worth of coupons in them that are all for a certain menu item. It's not a coupon like $1 off or "buy one get one free", these are straight forward like, "1 crunch taco" or "1 single topping personal pan pizza" so they are good coupons, but you can only use one per customer per visit. That is what makes them slightly difficult to use up. Due to that requirement, we all still have a bunch of coupons that need to be used by the end of March.

 

Last night, @Mel808 intended to use one of her $30 credits at Spaghetti Factory because it was going to expire soon. @ParkRat, @Mel808, @MarkTRC, @KelliNakama and I (@RickNakama) met at Spaghetti Factory, but the 1 hour wait was too long. We ended up relocating the dinner to Asahi Grill, but this left us still wanting more.

@ParkRat has been talking about this Big City Diner (@BigCityDiner) "Big Ramen" for several months and I have been curious to try it. The catch is the "Big Ramen" is only available during lunch or after 10pm on Friday and Saturday nights. I don't really get to Big City Diner for lunch and I'm usually sleeping before 10pm so I have never seen this "Big Ramen" in real life... That is until last night.

@ParkRat, @Mel808, @RSuenaga, @KelliNakama and I met at Big City Diner after leaving Asahi Grill for "post dinner". At first, I wasn't intending on ordering the "Big Ramen", but I felt I should since I was there specifically to check it out. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat the whole thing because @KelliNakama and I wanted a "Big Oreo Sundae" for dessert! I ate about a quarter of the ramen and asked for a bowl so I could take the leftovers home. This surpised @ParkRat, @Mel808 and @RSuenaga. They all thought having this ramen as leftovers for breakfast was not an appetizing thought. I insisted that it would be ok. To further escalate their disgust, the ramen was packed in one bowl with the noodles soaking in the soup. Since they were all against the idea of me having this ramen as a leftover breakfast, I said I would show them a photo of my leftover breakfast dish made from the "Big Ramen".

And here are the photos...

The "Big Ramen" as originally served.

C360_2011-03-26_22-21-37

The "Big Oreo Sundae".

C360_2011-03-26_22-38-59

Added more vegetables just to add to @ParkRat's disgust.

C360_2011-03-27_10-32-15

Draining the ramen from its soup.

C360_2011-03-27_10-32-25

Stir-frying the vegetables with some sesame seeds, seasonings, vegetables and the leftover ramen.

C360_2011-03-27_10-37-59

The Final Product - "Big Ramen" as breakfast leftovers!

C360_2011-03-27_10-46-32

I think it tasted just fine as a leftovers breakfast.

We have just a few more days to use up all those coupons that expire on March 31, 2011! Where and when will the #NextCheapDinnerTweetup be? We can have a potluck at @Parkrat's Table again. See you there! :)

Posted via email from Posterous by Rick Nakama

2 comments:

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.