Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yajima-ya Lunch Truck (@YajimayaHawaii)

I got an email from @WorldWideEd yesterday asking if he was able to use at photo I took at @YajimayaHawaii several weeks ago.  The photo he wanted to use can be found here, in my blog post about Yajima-ya last month.  As you can see, it's not the greatest photo in the world or even in my blog for that matter.  Anyway, Ed used it and it is on his latest write up about Yajima-ya.  Read his full write up here at AroundHawaii.com.

It was just timely early last night we stopped at Sam's Club to buy some groceries.  On the way back to S. King Street, we got tied up in some merging traffic on Sheridan Street.  We were stuck right in front of the driveway that leads to the Yajima-ya Truck!  After about a minute of waiting in the traffic trying to decide if we would use our Taco Bell coupons or Jack in the Box coupons, we made the call on the fly and turned into Yajima-ya!

I figured, "Hey, maybe I can get Ed a better photo for his write up!??".  Hmmm, well obviously, I am too late for that!  No way to stop the presses, this guy was too fast!  

Last night I had the special, Pork Curry Plate for $7.50.  It is seriously just stewed pork in a curry sauce that is typical of a slightly sweet, Japanese curry sauce.  No visible vegetables other than the spinach salad it is served with.  The rice had some furikake on it too.  I would've enjoyed some Japanese pickles to go along with this or some shouga (ginger), but that's ok.  It tasted good and the pork was so tender!

It was Kelli's first time at Yajima-ya and she wanted to know what I recommended.  Since the only thing I have experience eating there is the Buta Shougayaki Don (gingered pork bowl), that is all I was able to recommend.  Of course she enjoyed it.  I also think this photo is much better than the one I took at my first visit there.

If you're ever in the area (around Keeaumoku Wal Mart/Sam's Club), stop by Yajima-ya and enjoy their covered seating.  I just found out while sitting in that line of merging cars that they are open until 730pm!  Perfect for dinner because it's much cooler at sundown.  :)  They are right across the Cosmo Gas Station driveway on Sheridan Street and can accommodate about 3 cars in the driveway and seat quite a bit of people.

http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from Posterous by Rick Nakama

1 comment:

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.