Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Dinner at Mac 24/7 and a walk through Waikiki!


www.RickNakama.com We started off by meeting my friend, Glenn, at the scary Halloween I.T. office. He added the final touch, his pumpkin contest show-piece. He won the most original category for the Outrigger Hotel's contest.

See my other post on his Halloween decorations <-click.

www.RickNakama.com Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio HotelWe then walked to Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio Hotel. I've heard a lot of good things about this trendy new 24 hour diner. We were all immediately impressed by the appearance. It really was a trendy looking place with bright red stools and booths, large flat-panel tvs, lots of spot lights and accent lights, a very tempting selection on the menu that makes it difficult to decide and nice trendy price to go with it!

The menu is served 24 hours, 7 days a week. They have some fancy pancake choices, other breakfasts, large entrees, small entrees, desserts and drinks. The prices ranged from $4 for Starbucks Coffee up to the high $20 range for steak or seafood. The breakfast dishes were about $11-$15.

www.RickNakama.com Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio Hotelwww.RickNakama.com Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio Hotelwww.RickNakama.com Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio Hotel
Above left is the Mac Moco (sirloin burger, eggs, rice and brown gravy) that Glenn ate. He said it was good, but the burger could use more flavor and over all a lot more gravy. He usually gets so much sauce, gravy, salt or whatever it may be that the dish comes with. So I think maybe it might be good or ok for normal people, but for someone like him who always had like a cup of mayo extra on the side of a sandwich or something this could have been lacking flavor. It looked good to me.

The center is Kelli's pastrami reuben sandwich. It had a lot of sauerkraut in it as well as lots of pastrami. She liked it and I ate the left over half today and it was good. It also came with a deep fried pickle. I really like deep fried pickels and 1st ate them at Dave & Buster's. This one was a long slice opposed to the round slices at Dave & Buster's.

The right is my order. It's a island grown tomato soup and white cheddar grilled cheese. My soup and grilled cheese was good. Dipping the white cheddar into the soup and biting into it was a great pair. I also ordered one of their signature cupcakes, the Peanut Butter Cup. It's a devil's food cupcake filled with a creamy peanut butter. This was also yummy. But It triggered my need for coffee!
www.RickNakama.com Mac 24/7 Bar & Restaurant at the Hilton Prince Kuhio HotelTheir coffee comes in a nice mug and they "Proudly Serve Starbucks" there. I got the regular drip coffee. It's $4 and comes with that carafe filled with Starbucks Coffee! Now this was a bargain. If we weren't there on a Wednesday night in a rush to hit the strip to check out the Halloween action, I probably would have sat there and drank the whole pot! I restrained considering I didn't want to be up all night!

I am sure we'll be trying to get back there to try the pancakes and other stuff. I really want to try the "Fried Chicken with Waffles"! Sounds funny, but it looked so good going to the other table. It was funny because I saw the manager walking by and he had a shaved head, but I thought I recognized him. My friend Johnson is a manager there. He gave us some tips on what and how to order (after the fact). Usually people share the items because they are super huge and they cost a lot! Next time we know.

I'll post the walk through Waikiki in the next post... this one is kind of long on it's own. =)

*ps- I forgot to add in the Mac Ginger Ale that we ordered. Kelli and I like Ginger Ales and Rootbeers so we had to try it. It was $5! Anyway, it was like a 7up but I think they use fresh ginger juice and it comes un-mixed. When the waitress brought it, she reminded us to stir it. You can see the ginger juice at the bottom of the drink. It was really gingery and refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.