Monday, September 21, 2009

The Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam AFB Honolulu


www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force HonoluluThere's not much to say about it... it's one of those "you had to have been there..." things. Even photos or videos would not bring nearly the level of excitement one would receive standing there (in the the baking hot sun).

I've been to quite a few air shows in my lifetime, but they were all shows that were in Hawaii. I last watched the Thunderbirds perform for the Waikiki area in 2007 and I've watched the Blue Angels perform several times. No matter how hot, dehydrating, humid, crowded, dusty and secured the events may be I still manage to go and enjoy the display.
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force HonoluluWhen anything is held on an air strip or air force base, you need to expect that there will be a lack of shade.

<--Here is Solomish standing "solo" in the middle of baking hot pavement. Check out Solomish's photo blog here.www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu

Here I am -->trying to keep cool under the shelter of a helicopter.

This is what a whole bunch of other people need to do if they want to find some shade. v*Below*v
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force HonoluluThis is 1 day that I'm glad I need to bring my own things to eat with me (due to my diet). It was worth lugging around this hand carry bag full of water, a banana & some Fritos. I had it in my backpack, but hesitated bringing the backpack in because a "large backpack" would not be allowed into the show area. I didn't know what a large backpack's size actually was so I abandoned my backpack in my car and lugged this lovely bag around the whole afternoon.
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu
This man & his family obviously knew what size of a backpack would be acceptable...
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force HonoluluWhat ever the type of bag you were carrying your refreshments in, it was worth it to avoid the crowds at the refreshment tents.
Check out some of my video clips below.


This is a slideshow of some of the photos I took. Since I only take photos & video with my Nokia N82 mobile phone, I doubt they will be as good as any of these guys' photos (below), but at least I can slip my camera back in my pocket, send some emails, check out Facebook, Tweet or even make a phone call.
www.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honoluluwww.RickNakama.com Thunderbirds Air Show at Hickam Air Force Honolulu


Bookmark and Share




5 comments:

  1. Niiiiiice. Great shots! And there's me, Solomish. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, I remember watching this show from a ridge in Makakilo many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, I remember watching this from a ridge in Makakiko, many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Wow, Wow!!! I loved your videos! Amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW RM!!! Nice pics!! Nice haircut too! I was cracking up when I read the part about your "lovely bag"!!! HAHAHAHA! Was soooo hilarious! Me and Kelli kind of got to see some parts of the air show when we were walking around ghetto Salt Lake! btw, your camera phone takes some really nice pics!

    ReplyDelete

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.