Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Went for a ride in a Tesla!

A couple days ago, @S4xton drove me around the block in a Tesla that he had.  This was my first experience in a fully electric street vehicle and it just so happened to be a Tesla.  How will I ever be satisfied when I finally decide to get a Nissan Leaf?  Hehehe.

Anyway, the torque was nice.  I was a little weird-ed out by the silent acceleration that this vehicle is capable of. While I may be used to feeling the type of power and acceleration that this car offer (it's been a while since I've been planted back in my seat while someone drove me around the block) it was sort of scary not hearing the roar of 400 horsepower blowing out of an 80mm exhaust pipe.  I guess I was concerned the other cars wouldn't hear us coming.

It was a great ride and I enjoyed it.  Even considering the majority of the time we were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in the hot sun.

Here is a little video that I took.  It's not much, but it's what I got.






A few other friends also got to ride in the Tesla.

Here is a video that @RickyLi99 put together and posted.  http://www.vimeo.com/27481184

Here is a blog post about @TokiDote's experience in the green machine!  http://briandote.com/2011/08/09/bolt-of-lightning

Here is a youtube video of @Melissa808 screaming during her ride with @S4xton.

1 comment:

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.