Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Finally made it to @V_Lounge for pizza & @DaSauceMan's Broke Da Face hot sauce.

After reading many tweets about the award winning pizzas at the V Lounge, I finally made it there tonight.  I must say that the interior of the V Lounge, the former location of Pachinko, is much nicer than it was back then.  It's finished with wood and reminds me of a Waikiki hotel lobby, but it's a bar.

One of the reasons it took me so long to try the pizza here is because I don't drink.  That tends to keep me from going into bars and lounges. 

I know Cody, @DaSauceMan, from way back.  "Hana bata days" (since elementary school).  I haven't seen him since high school (almost 20 years ago)!  We actually reconnected thanks to the evil world of Facebook and Twitter.  This is probably the most popular reason why Facebook is so widely used.   

Anyway, if you can't tell by his Twitter handle, @DaSauceMan makes a bunch of sauces.  His website is http://bdfsauces.com/.  Check it out and try some delicious hot sauce!

As for the pizza, we had the Prima Pizza.  I think that's what it was called.  It had nice big Hamakua Mushroom pieces on it with truffle oil.  The crust was nice and soft, but crisp.  Does that make any sense?  I don't know, but it's a good crust.  Good pizza for me is all about the crust.  It is served with a raw egg yolk in the center of the pizza.  The yolk breaks when you pick up the first slice then you dip your crust in the yolk and enjoy.  It reminds me of eating breakfast.  @DaSauceMan informed me that egg is the #1 topping on pizza in New Zealand!  I would've never guessed.

I guess I will be visiting V Lounge for pizza again.  Maybe next time I can go with a bunch of drunk friends as a DD and get them to order lots of different pizzas so I can try all the other specialty pizzas too!

Sent via Nexus One Mobile.
Rick Nakama (R) GRI SFR SRES
808.382.6761 M
http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from ricknakama's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.