Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kabocha Pork

We're trying to transition our diet to include more vegetables.  In other words, I'm getting fat!!

After last night's SPAM and mayo dinner, I had to at least cook something that isn't processed meat.  I browned some sliced pork while I sliced up a kabocha pumpkin.  Then I add the kabocha into the pot with a part of sugar, a part of Kikkoman Shoyu, 2 parts sake, 2 parts water and a chopped round onion.  I covered it and let it simmer for about 45 minutes or when kabocha is soft.  Taste and add salt to taste at the end of cooking.

While the kabocha was cooking on the stove top, I heated the oven to 420F.  I placed all the kabocha seeds on a baking sheet with some salt and roasted them for about 20 minutes.  They became a nice snack to munch on while waiting for the kabocha to finish cooking.

Sent via Nexus One Mobile.
Rick Nakama (R) GRI SFR SRES
808.382.6761 M
http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from ricknakama's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.