Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bella Mia in Kaimuki, Honolulu Lasagna #FB

Today I met up with a bunch of Twitter people at Bella Mia, an Italian restaurant in Kaimuki.  It was my first time there and I wasn't sure what to try.  I decided to go with the Lasagna ($10.95).

The lasagna was served nice and hot out of the oven.  A nice perfectly charred layer of cheese encrusted the top of the baked-in dish.  As I cut into the lasagna, it appeared a little wet under the crisp top layer.  The flavor resembled a meaty pizza for some reason and not so much a lasagna.  Perhaps it has to do with the blend and proportions of the cheeses uses that makes it taste more like pizza.  The serving is large!  I managed to eat the whole thing along with about 3 of their complimentary fresh baked bread rolls, probably because I didn't eat anything all day until this lunch.  The excess moisture in my lasagna didn't matter too much because the seasoning was balanced and it didn't taste watery.

I like the setting of this restaurant and I'm sure I will be visiting again since it is in my neighborhood.   I may try the Eggplant Parmesan next, as recommended by my friend @NaneaKalani.  Too bad I ordered before checking what was just tweeted at me as I was deciding what to order.  I definitely enjoyed the restaurant and the group that invited me to join their lunch.  I had a chance to try someplace new and meet some new people at the same time over lunch.

Thanks @TrulyJoannies, @Hawaean, @TheChickenBus, @RSuenaga, @JNoblezada, @MarkTRC, @Legendjy, @Knyghtingale, @Keith_Sato and @SMurata for letting me join your lunch today!  :)  It was nice seeing/chatting/meeting and having lunch with you all.  Here's a photo of our table courtesy of @JNoblezada's iPhone & Plixi post: http://plixi.com/p/58914116/.  Thanks to our waitress who offered to take it.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Sent via Nexus One Mobile.
http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from ricknakama's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.