Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Garden Tomato

I took this photo of the 1st tomato to ripen early this morning.  It's looking good to pick & eat, but I decided to let it vine ripen 1 more day.  I hope no evil bird decides to come & take my 1st born away!

Funny thing about all these tomato plants is that I am not even sure what kind of tomatoes are growing here because it wasn't even my intent to plant tomatoes!  I actually sowed basil seeds into the window planter back at the condo.  The Basil sprouted & you may be able to see some beneath all the tomatoes.  The next thing I noticed was that tomato seedlings started to sprout in greater numbers than my basil!  These tomatoes are sprouting from all the assorted tomato seeds & old tomatoes that I added to our worm compost bin!  It's kind of neat how seeds sprout so easily in the compost bin & compost that I mix into soil when doing plantings. 

Anyway, I'm not sure what kind these are.  It may be a small conventional tomato or really big cherry tomato.  I know I recognize some nice Roma tomatoes on another plant.  There may also be grape tomatoes in this tomato variety patch that wasn't even planned! 

Bonus!  =)

Sent via Nexus One Mobile.
Rick Nakama (R) GRI SFR SRES
808.382.6761 M
http://RickNakama.com

Posted via email from ricknakama's posterous

3 comments:

  1. cool! hope you get to try that tomato soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat thanks! I plan to prepare & enjoy this 1st tomato in its raw & pure state to actually taste its true flavors. :)

    ReplyDelete

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.