Monday, August 10, 2009

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Browned Goat's Milk Butter and Mizithra Cheese Broccolini...


www.RickNakama.com Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Broccolini drizzled with Browned Goat's Milk Butter & Mizithra CheeseOK... We bought a huge tray of boneless pork chops from Costco the other day. Combined with the fact that we're a household of two, we're also house/dog sitting at Kelli's parent's house for the week. I don't know how we'll consume all the perishables in our refrigerator!!!

Anyway, to conform with my special diet, I prepared this dinner. The pork is seasoned with the basics, some salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary & olive oil. Nothing fancy just because it's not necessary. Kelli wanted to eat the Mizithra Cheese we bought from the market last week. We bought some broccolini from Whole Foods and while we were there I was so happy to find Goat's Milk Butter! (Because I can't have cow's milk.) It's been almost a month of no butter for me and I was having withdrawals. Almost to the point of giving in and sticking a spoon in a bowl of butter just to lick it clean. Thank goodness I found this butter!

www.RickNakama.com Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Broccolini drizzled with Browned Goat's Milk Butter & Mizithra CheeseI pan roasted the broccolini then added a couple tablespoons of butter in the hot pan to get the butter brown. Then I added some freshly grated Mizithra cheese. **Note, don't add the Mizithra cheese when it's too hot because it browns/burns very fast.** Anyway, dinner was served with microwave prepared baked potato.

This Meyenberg Goat's Milk Butter is great! It tastes like conventional butters. I think the texture of the butter might be a little softer and it certainly seems to melt faster. My next test, now that I've found butter I can eat, is to try some baking like scones, crusts and such that pretty much require the use of butter.

Now if I could just find a decent bread substitute for me to slap some of this butter on it and just endulge...

Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

  1. WOW RM! That dinner looks mighty scrumptious! If all our meals looked as good as that, I'd switch to your diet too!!! Hopefully you can find a bread recipe soon! I'll be your first taste tester! btw, congrats on finding Goat Milk Butter!
    P.S. Excellent photography!

    ReplyDelete

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.