Monday, October 1, 2007

Home Coffe Roast - Mexico FTO Oaxaca Pluma - "At City+" & Sumatra Classic Mandheling - "Full City+".


www.RickNakama.com Sweet Maria's Mexico FTO Oaxaca Pluma - At City+: Nutty, mild, bright. At FC+: Tangy bittersweet chocolate, more intensity.Mexico FTO Oaxaca Pluma - "At City+".
This is my 2nd time roasting this bean, but my 1st documentation. I think the 1st time I roasted it to a Full City+ Roast. This time I tried the lighter City+ Roast. It's described by Sweet Maria's Coffee as "At City+": Nutty, mild, bright. At FC+: Tangy bittersweet chocolate, more intensity." My City+ Roast had good taste. It was bolder than I expected because I used less water to my standard amount of coffee since the description says "mild". It tasted really good at this strength (about 80% of water). It was "nutty", but definitely not "mild" at this ratio. I prefer bold tasting coffees. I'm not quite sure how "bright" is supposed to taste so I can't say if I noticed it or not. There were a bit of the "bittersweet chocolate" tastes present even at the City+ Roast.
Either I'm getting good at my roasting or these coffees all have great flavor. I'm trying to find a coffee that I can describe a taste that I don't like (a little). So far they are all good. I am having difficulty making iced coffees now because my kitchen is under renovations and I have no stove to use my espresso pot. This has been frustrating.
www.RickNakama.com Home Coffee Roasting - Sweet Maria's Sumatra Classic Mandheling - Full City+, Low-toned, caramel-chocolate roast taste, fruity-earthy hints, bittersweet finish, heavy body.Sumatra Classic Mandheling at "Full City+".
It's also my 2nd time roasting this bean, and my 1st documentation. This is roasted to a "Full City+". It's described by Sweet Maria's Coffee as "Full City+, Low-toned, caramel-chocolate roast taste, fruity-earthy hints, bittersweet finish, heavy body." I recognize the "heavy body", "caramel-chocolate roast taste" and "bittersweet finish". I don't know what the "low-tone" should be and can't make out "fruity" hints. "Earthy" maybe. It's another delicious coffee and I'm sure this would be one of the best for the iced americanos.
www.RickNakama.com Home Coffee Roasting - Mug from RossMade in China mugs from Ross.
This is the 2nd mug handle to have cracked off the mug within a few weeks from the 1st mug. I guess it's "ok" since it lasted over a year of regular use, but the 1st one dangerously cracked off while I was dripping out the water over the sink after washing it. That instance actually injured me slightly because it sliced my finger when the mug cracked off from the handle and I was left just holding the handle. Anyway, since this 2nd one cracked at the same place within weeks, I thought it is worth mentioning.

I hesitate purchasing any new mugs or ceramic ware from Ross because I am now noticing that they are all made in China. Normally, it wouldn't matter that it was made in China as long as the quality looks to be good. Due to the recent lead paint issues from the Chinese imported products, I am weary of purchasing these glazed ceramic products that are from China. Maybe I'm not being fair, but all those toys should have been lead free for decades and still contain lead now. You don't eat or drink off toys although many children do put them in their mouths. I am worried that these ceramic dishes may have fallen under similar neglect. Hopefully not because I've been drinking out of these mugs and eating off the matching plates for years!!!

Now I'm shopping around for a new set to have ready for my new kitchen...

Related Links: Guatemala Fraijanes- Finca Aqua Tibia to Vienna, Sulawesi Grade One Toraja & Rwanda Butare Bourbon, Mexico FTO Oaxaca Pluma - "At City+" & Sumatra Classic Mandheling - "Full City+", Guatemala Fraijanes, Brasil FTO Poco Fundo, 1st Home Roasting Post, Zimbabwe AA -Dandoni Estate Full City + Roast, CoffeeGeek.com, Sweet Maria's Coffee, Sweet Maria's Roasting Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.RickNakama.com
Thanks for your comments. I'll need to screen them first to make sure it's a family friendly comment.

日本語by Google Translate.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
© 2007 RickNakama.com
Use of this site indicates your agreement to our Terms of Service.